Judge rejects bid for new Michael Jackson trial
Los Angeles: A judge has refused to grant a new trial in a lawsuit by Michael Jackson`s mother against the promoter of his ill-fated comeback concerts.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos ruled yesterday that there isn`t any basis to re-try Katherine Jackson`s suit against AEG Live LLC.
A jury determined in October that AEG Live was not liable for Jackson`s June 2009 death despite hiring the doctor who was convicted of giving the superstar an overdose of a powerful anesthetic.
Lawyers for the Jackson family matriarch argued that jurors were given an improper verdict form that didn`t allow them to consider all issues in the case after five months of testimony last year.
AEG`s lawyers argued that there was no mistake in the verdict form.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?