Julia Gillard takes up honorary post at University of Adelaide
Melbourne: Former Australian prime minister Julia Gillard is all set to return to the university where she began her tertiary education.
Gillard has a new role as an honorary visiting professor at her alma mater, the University of Adelaide where she had studied law and arts from 1979 to 1981.
Gillard said she was delighted with the appointment, which will begin on November 1.
"I am absolutely delighted to be associated in such a meaningful way with the University of Adelaide and its students and faculty," she said.
"I have been warmly welcomed, and look forward to becoming a part of the academic endeavours of the School of History and Politics.
"I will also be co-locating my offices as a former prime minister at the University and working there regularly," she said.
"My purpose in coming back is to spend more time with family so of course I`m looking forward to that," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read