Julia Gillard`s partner used her official car to sell shampoos
Melbourne: Former Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard paid 4243 dollars to the Department of Finance over the illegal use of her taxpayer-funded car by her partner Tim Mathieson for selling shampoos and other hair care products.
Tim allegedly breached parliamentary rules by using Gillard`s official car to drive around Victoria for commercial purposes, News.com.au reports.
The documents released under Freedom of Information laws revealed that Gillard had written a personal cheque to the finance department on March 9, 2007, as deputy leader of the opposition.
Gillard had struggled for last ten months to prevent the Department of Finance from releasing the documents that estimated Tim had driven the private-plated car, which was wholly funded by the Commonwealth, several thousand kilometres pursuing his commercial interests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?