Julian Assange asks Sweden to investigate lost luggage
Assange`s lawyer, Per Samuelson, says he filed a criminal complaint with an affidavit by Assange to police at Stockholm`s Arlanda Airport today.
The move comes a day before President Barack Obama`s visit to
WikiLeaks spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson said similar complaints would be filed in other countries, including Germany and Denmark, alleging potentially unlawful US intelligence operations against Assange.
The affidavit says the suitcase contained laptops with WikiLeaks material, including evidence of a "war crime" allegedly committed by US troops in Afghanistan. Assange says it disappeared when he travelled from Stockholm to Berlin on September 27, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested
- Japan knife attacker grins before cameras