Julian Assange asks Sweden to investigate lost luggage
Assange`s lawyer, Per Samuelson, says he filed a criminal complaint with an affidavit by Assange to police at Stockholm`s Arlanda Airport today.
The move comes a day before President Barack Obama`s visit to
WikiLeaks spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson said similar complaints would be filed in other countries, including Germany and Denmark, alleging potentially unlawful US intelligence operations against Assange.
The affidavit says the suitcase contained laptops with WikiLeaks material, including evidence of a "war crime" allegedly committed by US troops in Afghanistan. Assange says it disappeared when he travelled from Stockholm to Berlin on September 27, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges