Julian Assange asks Sweden to investigate lost luggage
Assange`s lawyer, Per Samuelson, says he filed a criminal complaint with an affidavit by Assange to police at Stockholm`s Arlanda Airport today.
The move comes a day before President Barack Obama`s visit to
WikiLeaks spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson said similar complaints would be filed in other countries, including Germany and Denmark, alleging potentially unlawful US intelligence operations against Assange.
The affidavit says the suitcase contained laptops with WikiLeaks material, including evidence of a "war crime" allegedly committed by US troops in Afghanistan. Assange says it disappeared when he travelled from Stockholm to Berlin on September 27, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah