Julian Assange asks Sweden to investigate lost luggage
Assange`s lawyer, Per Samuelson, says he filed a criminal complaint with an affidavit by Assange to police at Stockholm`s Arlanda Airport today.
The move comes a day before President Barack Obama`s visit to
WikiLeaks spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson said similar complaints would be filed in other countries, including Germany and Denmark, alleging potentially unlawful US intelligence operations against Assange.
The affidavit says the suitcase contained laptops with WikiLeaks material, including evidence of a "war crime" allegedly committed by US troops in Afghanistan. Assange says it disappeared when he travelled from Stockholm to Berlin on September 27, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’