Julian Assange likely to languish longer in Ecuado
Sydney: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange could still be languishing in the Ecuadorean embassy in London in six months, according to his lawyer.
Speaking ahead of the TEDx conference, human rights lawyer Jennifer Robinson said she last saw Assange before flying to Australia last week, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
Robinson said Assange is coping as well as anyone can be expected to cope when they have been confined effectively to a room with no natural light for almost a year.
Assange currently resides in the embassy where he has been granted political asylum on the grounds he is at risk of extradition to the US to face conspiracy or other charges.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory