Julian Assange’s mother subjected to Nazi taunts
Sydney: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s mother hung up the phone on a Melbourne radio host after he taunted her with a Nazi slogan on her refusal to give an interview on her son.
Christine Assange was due to speak to radio station 3AW on its Sunday morning show about her son, and his success to gain asylum in Ecuador.
But she changed her mind after hearing how co-host John-Michael Howson had treated a previous guest, The Age reports.
"I won`t be doing an interview with you because you`re acting like a pig,```` Assange’s mother said.
Howson responded by screaming on air: “Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!``, after which Christine hung up the phone.
According to the report, Howson said he linked Christine Assange to the biggest example of censorship that he could think of because she had denied him to give an interview.
"She comes on and says to me she`s not going to talk about - that to me shows her trying to censor me,`` the veteran entertainment reporter said.
“I`m not going to be censored by her so I said, ‘Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!` because it`s a Nazi mentality by these people,`` Howson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’