Julian Assange’s mother subjected to Nazi taunts
Sydney: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s mother hung up the phone on a Melbourne radio host after he taunted her with a Nazi slogan on her refusal to give an interview on her son.
Christine Assange was due to speak to radio station 3AW on its Sunday morning show about her son, and his success to gain asylum in Ecuador.
But she changed her mind after hearing how co-host John-Michael Howson had treated a previous guest, The Age reports.
"I won`t be doing an interview with you because you`re acting like a pig,```` Assange’s mother said.
Howson responded by screaming on air: “Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!``, after which Christine hung up the phone.
According to the report, Howson said he linked Christine Assange to the biggest example of censorship that he could think of because she had denied him to give an interview.
"She comes on and says to me she`s not going to talk about - that to me shows her trying to censor me,`` the veteran entertainment reporter said.
“I`m not going to be censored by her so I said, ‘Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!` because it`s a Nazi mentality by these people,`` Howson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch