Just half of Russians know national anthem
Moscow: Although only 49 percent of the Russians know words of their national anthem, according to state-run VTsIOM pollster, this is still 10 percent higher than 2009.
"The number of those who can recall the first lines of Russia`s national anthem has risen from 39 percent in 2009 to 49 percent in 2012," says VTsIOM.
The survey, involving 1,600 respondents from 46 Russian regions, also revealed that a total of 88 respondents can describe the state emblem while 68 percent correctly named the colours on the national flag and their order.
"A total of 32 percent do not remember the text of the anthem. Most of them are elderly Russians (44 percent)."
The survey`s margin of error is below 3.4 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation