Just half of Russians know national anthem
Moscow: Although only 49 percent of the Russians know words of their national anthem, according to state-run VTsIOM pollster, this is still 10 percent higher than 2009.
"The number of those who can recall the first lines of Russia`s national anthem has risen from 39 percent in 2009 to 49 percent in 2012," says VTsIOM.
The survey, involving 1,600 respondents from 46 Russian regions, also revealed that a total of 88 respondents can describe the state emblem while 68 percent correctly named the colours on the national flag and their order.
"A total of 32 percent do not remember the text of the anthem. Most of them are elderly Russians (44 percent)."
The survey`s margin of error is below 3.4 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days