Just half of Russians know national anthem
Moscow: Although only 49 percent of the Russians know words of their national anthem, according to state-run VTsIOM pollster, this is still 10 percent higher than 2009.
"The number of those who can recall the first lines of Russia`s national anthem has risen from 39 percent in 2009 to 49 percent in 2012," says VTsIOM.
The survey, involving 1,600 respondents from 46 Russian regions, also revealed that a total of 88 respondents can describe the state emblem while 68 percent correctly named the colours on the national flag and their order.
"A total of 32 percent do not remember the text of the anthem. Most of them are elderly Russians (44 percent)."
The survey`s margin of error is below 3.4 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi