Just half of Russians know national anthem
Moscow: Although only 49 percent of the Russians know words of their national anthem, according to state-run VTsIOM pollster, this is still 10 percent higher than 2009.
"The number of those who can recall the first lines of Russia`s national anthem has risen from 39 percent in 2009 to 49 percent in 2012," says VTsIOM.
The survey, involving 1,600 respondents from 46 Russian regions, also revealed that a total of 88 respondents can describe the state emblem while 68 percent correctly named the colours on the national flag and their order.
"A total of 32 percent do not remember the text of the anthem. Most of them are elderly Russians (44 percent)."
The survey`s margin of error is below 3.4 percent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read