Justice commissioner killed by Nigerian gunmen
Abuja: Suspected members of Nigeria`s radical Islamic sect Boko Haram have killed the commissioner for justice in northern Borno state.
Gunmen also killed a former controller-general of prisons in a neighbouring state of Bauchi, officials said on Wednesday.
The attack came a day after security operatives said they killed the spokesman of Boko Haram, Abu Qaqa.
Commissioner Zana Malam Gana was killed in his house in Bama area of the state.
An official of Borno state government on anonymity said the attackers besieged Gana`s residence late on Monday.
A police source said the prison chief, Ibrahim Jarma, was shot at as he was leaving a mosque in Bauchi state. He died later in a hospital due to the severity of the injury he sustained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: PM Modi beating drums in Meghalaya
- BJP slams UP government over firing on ex-justice's car
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya