Kachin rebels bombed railway line: Myanmar
Yangon: Myanmar`s government says ethnic Kachin rebels have bombed a major railway line in the north of the country for the third time in less than a month.
The state-run New Light of Myanmar newspaper says the rebels attacked the train line that runs from the city of Mandalay to the Kachin state capital Myitkyina on Tuesday night.
The paper said in a report on Thursday that no casualties were reported and the train track was repaired.
Fighting between the Kachin and government troops erupted last month. It displaced 10,000 people and forced Chinese technicians working at hydropower projects in the region to flee the country.
The fighting was the first recorded since a peace deal in 1994 broke down last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees