Kachin rebels bombed railway line: Myanmar
Yangon: Myanmar`s government says ethnic Kachin rebels have bombed a major railway line in the north of the country for the third time in less than a month.
The state-run New Light of Myanmar newspaper says the rebels attacked the train line that runs from the city of Mandalay to the Kachin state capital Myitkyina on Tuesday night.
The paper said in a report on Thursday that no casualties were reported and the train track was repaired.
Fighting between the Kachin and government troops erupted last month. It displaced 10,000 people and forced Chinese technicians working at hydropower projects in the region to flee the country.
The fighting was the first recorded since a peace deal in 1994 broke down last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!