Kachin rebels bombed railway line: Myanmar
Yangon: Myanmar`s government says ethnic Kachin rebels have bombed a major railway line in the north of the country for the third time in less than a month.
The state-run New Light of Myanmar newspaper says the rebels attacked the train line that runs from the city of Mandalay to the Kachin state capital Myitkyina on Tuesday night.
The paper said in a report on Thursday that no casualties were reported and the train track was repaired.
Fighting between the Kachin and government troops erupted last month. It displaced 10,000 people and forced Chinese technicians working at hydropower projects in the region to flee the country.
The fighting was the first recorded since a peace deal in 1994 broke down last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon