Kahn`s lawyer sure of acquittal in assault case
Jerusalem: Dominique Strauss-Kahn`s
lawyer, fighting the sexual assault case for the former IMF
chief, is confident that his client who is ready for a long
fight to prove his innocence would walk free.
Attorney Benjamin Brafman is known for handling
high-profile cases and has defended Michael Jackson, crime
boss Salvatore `Sammy the Bull` Gravano, online gambling king
Jay Cohen and rapper Jay-Z.
In his first interview since Strauss-Kahn`s arrest
last week in New York, Brafman said he is very impressed with
the way his client has handled the case and that the French
politician is ready for a long fight.
"He`ll plead not guilty and in the end he`ll be
acquitted," attorney Brafman told Ha`aretz daily.
Brafman said that if Strauss-Kahn had not been famous
and had not been a foreigner, the court would not have
demanded the high USD 6 million bail.
"While Strauss-Kahn was dealing with the situation
well, he was not happy about being accused of something he did
not do," Brafman, who was given the nickname `Uncle Benny` by
one of his clients, rapper Sean Combs, stressed.
Brafman declined to discuss the details of the case
and seemed irritated by French media reports that the former
head of the IMF was obsessed with sex.
He however did share his opinion of the New York
Police Department, noting that the authorities are under heavy
pressure to act aggressively when dealing with high-profile
The lawyer was here to fulfill family obligations and
spent the weekend in north Jerusalem with his son, a rabbi,
and his grandchildren, and will return to New York tonight.
His law partner knew Strauss-Kahn personally and put
him in touch with the Paris-born economist, a French
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui