Kandinsky painting expected to set record in NY
New York: A painting by Wassily Kandinsky is expected to set a record for the Russian-born artist when it sells at a New York auction.
Christie`s says "Study for Improvisation 8" is estimated to bring USD 20 million to USD 30 million at its impressionist and modern art sale November 7.
The brightly colored 1909 oil depicts pilgrims and a swordsman in the old city of Kiev.
It`s being offered for sale by the Volkart Foundation, a charitable arm of the Swiss commodities trading firm Volkart Brothers. Proceeds from the sale will benefit the foundation.
The painting has been on loan to the Kunstmuseum Winterthur in Switzerland for a half century.
Kandinsky`s "Fugue" holds the current auction record for the artist. It sold for USD 20.9 million in 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional