Kandinsky painting expected to set record in NY
New York: A painting by Wassily Kandinsky is expected to set a record for the Russian-born artist when it sells at a New York auction.
Christie`s says "Study for Improvisation 8" is estimated to bring USD 20 million to USD 30 million at its impressionist and modern art sale November 7.
The brightly colored 1909 oil depicts pilgrims and a swordsman in the old city of Kiev.
It`s being offered for sale by the Volkart Foundation, a charitable arm of the Swiss commodities trading firm Volkart Brothers. Proceeds from the sale will benefit the foundation.
The painting has been on loan to the Kunstmuseum Winterthur in Switzerland for a half century.
Kandinsky`s "Fugue" holds the current auction record for the artist. It sold for USD 20.9 million in 1990.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive