Kandinsky painting expected to set record in NY
New York: A painting by Wassily Kandinsky is expected to set a record for the Russian-born artist when it sells at a New York auction.
Christie`s says "Study for Improvisation 8" is estimated to bring USD 20 million to USD 30 million at its impressionist and modern art sale November 7.
The brightly colored 1909 oil depicts pilgrims and a swordsman in the old city of Kiev.
It`s being offered for sale by the Volkart Foundation, a charitable arm of the Swiss commodities trading firm Volkart Brothers. Proceeds from the sale will benefit the foundation.
The painting has been on loan to the Kunstmuseum Winterthur in Switzerland for a half century.
Kandinsky`s "Fugue" holds the current auction record for the artist. It sold for USD 20.9 million in 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?