Kandinsky painting expected to set record in NY
New York: A painting by Wassily Kandinsky is expected to set a record for the Russian-born artist when it sells at a New York auction.
Christie`s says "Study for Improvisation 8" is estimated to bring USD 20 million to USD 30 million at its impressionist and modern art sale November 7.
The brightly colored 1909 oil depicts pilgrims and a swordsman in the old city of Kiev.
It`s being offered for sale by the Volkart Foundation, a charitable arm of the Swiss commodities trading firm Volkart Brothers. Proceeds from the sale will benefit the foundation.
The painting has been on loan to the Kunstmuseum Winterthur in Switzerland for a half century.
Kandinsky`s "Fugue" holds the current auction record for the artist. It sold for USD 20.9 million in 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon