Kandinsky painting expected to set record in NY
New York: A painting by Wassily Kandinsky is expected to set a record for the Russian-born artist when it sells at a New York auction.
Christie`s says "Study for Improvisation 8" is estimated to bring USD 20 million to USD 30 million at its impressionist and modern art sale November 7.
The brightly colored 1909 oil depicts pilgrims and a swordsman in the old city of Kiev.
It`s being offered for sale by the Volkart Foundation, a charitable arm of the Swiss commodities trading firm Volkart Brothers. Proceeds from the sale will benefit the foundation.
The painting has been on loan to the Kunstmuseum Winterthur in Switzerland for a half century.
Kandinsky`s "Fugue" holds the current auction record for the artist. It sold for USD 20.9 million in 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users