Karadzic says he will ask fresh trial delay
The Hague: Radovan Karadzic says he will ask
judges to delay the resumption of his genocide trial at the
Yugoslav war crimes tribunal because of problems preparing his
Karadzic did not detail the problems he is having but
they are linked to payments to his team of legal advisers.
Judges told him at a preliminary hearing today to put his
complaints to them in writing.
Karadzic boycotted the start of his trial in October last
year to protest his lack of time to prepare.
Judges adjourned the hearings until March 1 to give him
Prosecutors have charged Karadzic with 11 counts
including genocide. They accuse him of masterminding Serb
atrocities throughout the Bosnian war. Karadzic denies the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees