Kate blames herself for hoax call nurse’s suicide
London: The Duchess of Cambridge is devastated and blames herself for the death of hoax call nurse Jacintha Saldanha, according to royal aides.
Kate believes that if she had not been in the unit the 46-year-old might still be alive, the Daily Star reported.
Her worried husband, Prince William, is even considering quitting his RAF job early to be with her in London.
Along with family and friends, he has tried to reassure Kate the tragedy is not her fault.
Kate is also dreading having to go back to the King Edward VII hospital because of the awful events that followed her first stay.
Saldanha, 46, was duped into putting through a prank call from the two Aussie DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles.
“Kate is feeling vulnerable and the nurse’s death is a dreadful blow. She is terribly upset and blames herself. But everyone is telling her there is no need to feel guilty,” a royal aide said.
“William feels helpless. He can hold her hand and be sympathetic but Kate still thinks if she hadn’t been in that hospital none of this awful tragedy would have happened.
“It is not easy for her, especially if she has to go back into that hospital again,” the aide said.
The royal couple has been talking about whether William should leave the Forces when his tour of duty ends next year.
Now, following all the upset, rescue helicopter pilot Wills is thinking about quitting early to be with his wife.
She has been advised to stay close to her doctors in London rather than at their remote cottage near his RAF base in north Wales.
William is expected to decide by Christmas, then let his bosses know.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now