Kate enjoys secret nights out with Prince of Wales
London: The Duchess of Cambridge’s secret trips to the opera and to art galleries with the Prince of Wales, to indulge their shared passion for the arts, has been revealed.
According to the aides, the Duchess who will be celebrating her first wedding anniversary this weekend, has also graduated as a “fully-fledged member” of the Royal family after passing her “induction” with flying colours.
Whilst her husband, the Duke of Cambridge, has been her principal mentor over the past 12 months, Kate has also developed a strong bond with both the Queen and her father-in-law.
According to sources who spoke to CNN for a new documentary, the Duchess has been helped by her increasingly close relationships with both the Queen and the Prince of Wales.
“She and the Prince spend a lot of time together,” the Telegraph quoted one insider as telling CNN.
“They go on visits to the opera and art galleries; they share passions that neither of the princes [William and Harry] share. They get on very well,” the insider said.
The trips to the opera and art galleries are kept secret, with no one except the Prince and the Duchess and their royalty protection officers knowing about them.
The Queen, meanwhile, has “made a lot of time for the Duchess”, one aide stressed.
“They have a warm relationship as was evidenced when they went to Leicester [at the start of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee tour of Britain].”
The Duchess feels “fulfilled” by her achievements of the past 12 months, aides said.
“She has succeeded in doing what she set out to do in her first year. She has achieved her objectives,” one aide said.
The global media attention that has made her arguably the most famous woman in the world has prompted inevitable comparisons with the late Diana, Princess of Wales.
She regards the comparison as “a compliment”, said a source, but is determined to do things her own way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav