Kate hoax call DJ phoned 2nd time to warn nurse about tape`s airing
London: Jacintha Saldanha – victim of Kate’s hoax call – was called up again by one of the Australian DJs within an hour of the first call to tell her that they had played a prank and the tape was about to be aired, it has been claimed.
The calls were reportedly made in the early hours of the morning when few senior staff would have been on duty.
Southern Cross Austereo, owners of the Sydney-based station 2Day FM, said that in accordance with the industry guidelines they tried to contact the hospital at least five times to discuss the pre–recorded prank call before it was broadcast.
But the hospital denied the claim, the Telegraph reported.
Saldanha, whose funeral will take place on Monday in her native India, left three suicide notes behind.
It is claimed that one note referred to the Australian presenters, Mel Greig and Michael Christian, directly, in which she expressed her anger at the way she had been treated.
Another note was said to have criticised staff at the hospital, where the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated for severe morning sickness, while a third note detailed wishes for her funeral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof