Kate hoax call DJ phoned 2nd time to warn nurse about tape`s airing
London: Jacintha Saldanha – victim of Kate’s hoax call – was called up again by one of the Australian DJs within an hour of the first call to tell her that they had played a prank and the tape was about to be aired, it has been claimed.
The calls were reportedly made in the early hours of the morning when few senior staff would have been on duty.
Southern Cross Austereo, owners of the Sydney-based station 2Day FM, said that in accordance with the industry guidelines they tried to contact the hospital at least five times to discuss the pre–recorded prank call before it was broadcast.
But the hospital denied the claim, the Telegraph reported.
Saldanha, whose funeral will take place on Monday in her native India, left three suicide notes behind.
It is claimed that one note referred to the Australian presenters, Mel Greig and Michael Christian, directly, in which she expressed her anger at the way she had been treated.
Another note was said to have criticised staff at the hospital, where the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated for severe morning sickness, while a third note detailed wishes for her funeral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug