Kate hoax call DJ phoned 2nd time to warn nurse about tape`s airing
London: Jacintha Saldanha – victim of Kate’s hoax call – was called up again by one of the Australian DJs within an hour of the first call to tell her that they had played a prank and the tape was about to be aired, it has been claimed.
The calls were reportedly made in the early hours of the morning when few senior staff would have been on duty.
Southern Cross Austereo, owners of the Sydney-based station 2Day FM, said that in accordance with the industry guidelines they tried to contact the hospital at least five times to discuss the pre–recorded prank call before it was broadcast.
But the hospital denied the claim, the Telegraph reported.
Saldanha, whose funeral will take place on Monday in her native India, left three suicide notes behind.
It is claimed that one note referred to the Australian presenters, Mel Greig and Michael Christian, directly, in which she expressed her anger at the way she had been treated.
Another note was said to have criticised staff at the hospital, where the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated for severe morning sickness, while a third note detailed wishes for her funeral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued