Kate hoax call DJ wins top award, says still ‘on top of game’
Zee Media Bureau
Sydney: Aussie DJ Michael Christian, who made a hoax call to nurse Jacintha Saldanah who was found dead three days later, has been awarded a top prize in an internal competition by Australia’s Today Network.
After being chosen as the joint winner, Christian reportedly said that in spite of all that happened few months earlier, “I’m still at the top of my game.”
The comment has drawn criticism from the Saldana’s family who has slammed the radio station for giving the award to Christian and termed it “ludicrous”, as per reports.
British Labour Minister Keith Vaz reportedly said, “The giving of this award to Michael Christian is distasteful and disgraceful so soon after the tragic death of Jacintha. It sends out completely the wrong message at the wrong time for the wrong reasons.”
Even the national communications minister in Australia, Stephen Conroy, reportedly said, “To be seen to be rewarding people so soon after such an event, I think, is just in bad taste," reports states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai