Kate hoax call: `Indian nurse left note for family members`
London: An Indian-origin nurse, who was found dead after being duped by a prank call from two Australian radio hosts, had left a note for her family, which believes there are "unexplained" circumstances behind her death.
"What the family needs are the full facts. There are unexplained circumstances. The family want to know everything," Labour MP Keith Vaz has said.
"The hospital needs to be more proactive, a full inquiry is needed and the family needs to be included in that," he said, without revealing the content of the note.
Jacintha Saldanha, 46, died after a suspected suicide last Friday after she was fooled by the radio hosts -- Mel Greig and Michael Christian -- who made a hoax call to the King Edward VII Hospital in Marylebone, central London.
She was the senior nurse on duty when the phone call was made.
Although the Marylebone hospital authorities have said they will conduct internal probe into the matter, the family says this is not enough, and demands answers from them over the circumstances that led to her death.
Vaz, who is representing the family, yesterday met the hospital chairman Lord Glenarthur to demand a full probe into her death.
"What the family needs are full facts. What the chairman of the hospital said to me was that there are inquiries going on in the hospital. That is not sufficient for the family. There are unexplained circumstances. The family want to know everything. All the facts, fully and clearly," Vaz said.
"They were in the dark about the hoax call. They hadn`t watched the news or seen anything about it," he said, seeking support for victim`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you