Kate hoax call: `Indian nurse left note for family members`
London: An Indian-origin nurse, who was found dead after being duped by a prank call from two Australian radio hosts, had left a note for her family, which believes there are "unexplained" circumstances behind her death.
"What the family needs are the full facts. There are unexplained circumstances. The family want to know everything," Labour MP Keith Vaz has said.
"The hospital needs to be more proactive, a full inquiry is needed and the family needs to be included in that," he said, without revealing the content of the note.
Jacintha Saldanha, 46, died after a suspected suicide last Friday after she was fooled by the radio hosts -- Mel Greig and Michael Christian -- who made a hoax call to the King Edward VII Hospital in Marylebone, central London.
She was the senior nurse on duty when the phone call was made.
Although the Marylebone hospital authorities have said they will conduct internal probe into the matter, the family says this is not enough, and demands answers from them over the circumstances that led to her death.
Vaz, who is representing the family, yesterday met the hospital chairman Lord Glenarthur to demand a full probe into her death.
"What the family needs are full facts. What the chairman of the hospital said to me was that there are inquiries going on in the hospital. That is not sufficient for the family. There are unexplained circumstances. The family want to know everything. All the facts, fully and clearly," Vaz said.
"They were in the dark about the hoax call. They hadn`t watched the news or seen anything about it," he said, seeking support for victim`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!