Kate hoax call: `Indian nurse left note for family members`
London: An Indian-origin nurse, who was found dead after being duped by a prank call from two Australian radio hosts, had left a note for her family, which believes there are "unexplained" circumstances behind her death.
"What the family needs are the full facts. There are unexplained circumstances. The family want to know everything," Labour MP Keith Vaz has said.
"The hospital needs to be more proactive, a full inquiry is needed and the family needs to be included in that," he said, without revealing the content of the note.
Jacintha Saldanha, 46, died after a suspected suicide last Friday after she was fooled by the radio hosts -- Mel Greig and Michael Christian -- who made a hoax call to the King Edward VII Hospital in Marylebone, central London.
She was the senior nurse on duty when the phone call was made.
Although the Marylebone hospital authorities have said they will conduct internal probe into the matter, the family says this is not enough, and demands answers from them over the circumstances that led to her death.
Vaz, who is representing the family, yesterday met the hospital chairman Lord Glenarthur to demand a full probe into her death.
"What the family needs are full facts. What the chairman of the hospital said to me was that there are inquiries going on in the hospital. That is not sufficient for the family. There are unexplained circumstances. The family want to know everything. All the facts, fully and clearly," Vaz said.
"They were in the dark about the hoax call. They hadn`t watched the news or seen anything about it," he said, seeking support for victim`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family