Kate hoax call nurse Jacintha Saldanha`s letter `blames` DJs for suicide
Melbourne: Indian origin UK nurse Jacintha Saldanha, who died after being a victim of a prank by two Australian DJs, has left a note blaming them, it has been revealed.
Radio 2Day FM DJ Mel Greig is set to appear at the inquest into the death of the nurse.
Saldanha died after taking a hoax call from Greig and 2Day FM host Michael Christian who posed as the Queen and Prince Charles last December.
Lawyers Slater and Gordon issued a statement saying that Greig will appear at the inquest later this year.
The decision comes as Britain`s Sunday Times reports that one of three suicide notes left by the nurse blames Greig and Christian for her death.
"Please accept my apologies. I am truly sorry. Thank you for all your support. I hold Radio Australians Mel Greig and Michael Christian responsible for this act. Please make them pay my mortgage. I am sorry. Jacintha," the note purportedly says.
It is understood she had made three notes including one that references another dispute she was having with hospital management on an unrelated matter.
The inquest is expected to hear how she had apparently attempted suicide on at least two occasions before prior to the radio hoax call being made.
The move came after Saldanha`s family hired a QC to act for them at the inquest which could partly apportion blame for her death on the radio DJs and the station that allowed the airing of the prank call.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla