Kate hoax call nurse Jacintha Saldanha`s letter `blames` DJs for suicide
Melbourne: Indian origin UK nurse Jacintha Saldanha, who died after being a victim of a prank by two Australian DJs, has left a note blaming them, it has been revealed.
Radio 2Day FM DJ Mel Greig is set to appear at the inquest into the death of the nurse.
Saldanha died after taking a hoax call from Greig and 2Day FM host Michael Christian who posed as the Queen and Prince Charles last December.
Lawyers Slater and Gordon issued a statement saying that Greig will appear at the inquest later this year.
The decision comes as Britain`s Sunday Times reports that one of three suicide notes left by the nurse blames Greig and Christian for her death.
"Please accept my apologies. I am truly sorry. Thank you for all your support. I hold Radio Australians Mel Greig and Michael Christian responsible for this act. Please make them pay my mortgage. I am sorry. Jacintha," the note purportedly says.
It is understood she had made three notes including one that references another dispute she was having with hospital management on an unrelated matter.
The inquest is expected to hear how she had apparently attempted suicide on at least two occasions before prior to the radio hoax call being made.
The move came after Saldanha`s family hired a QC to act for them at the inquest which could partly apportion blame for her death on the radio DJs and the station that allowed the airing of the prank call.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez