Kate Middleton as cover girl in South Africa?
Johannesburg: The August edition of Marie Claire South Africa featuring an illustration of Kate Middleton has raised eyebrows with some saying the magazine bypassed traditional routes of securing a cover girl.
The magazine cover appears to show the Duchess of Cambridge wearing African-style designer clothes but a closer look reveals that an illustrator and a real-life model were used to create a likeness of Prince William`s wife.
The cover claims Middleton wears South Africa`s "best local designs" only to acknowledge in a well-hidden small print that "of course she doesn`t. But she should."
Some readers on the magazine`s website described the cover as "misleading" but others thought it was "pure genius."
Editor Aspasia Karras says the cover was meant to be a playful tribute harking back to the covers of the 1940s and 50s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!