Kate Middleton as cover girl in South Africa?
Johannesburg: The August edition of Marie Claire South Africa featuring an illustration of Kate Middleton has raised eyebrows with some saying the magazine bypassed traditional routes of securing a cover girl.
The magazine cover appears to show the Duchess of Cambridge wearing African-style designer clothes but a closer look reveals that an illustrator and a real-life model were used to create a likeness of Prince William`s wife.
The cover claims Middleton wears South Africa`s "best local designs" only to acknowledge in a well-hidden small print that "of course she doesn`t. But she should."
Some readers on the magazine`s website described the cover as "misleading" but others thought it was "pure genius."
Editor Aspasia Karras says the cover was meant to be a playful tribute harking back to the covers of the 1940s and 50s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?