Kate Middleton to hold UK`s first ever Royal baby shower
London: Mother-to-be Kate Middleton is all set to start a new tradition in the British Royal family by becoming the first Royal to have a baby shower, with her younger sister Pippa planning the lavish affair.
The Duchess of Cambridge, who is seven-month pregnant and due to give birth in July, has decided to hold the celebration despite the fact that the event is not included in Britain`s royal tradition.
31-year-old Kate, married to second-in-line to British thrown Prince William, has the blessing of Queen Elizabeth II for the event with family and friends after weeks of planning by her 29-year-old sister.
"It isn`t royal tradition but Kate isn`t a traditional Royal," The Sun tabloid quoted its source as saying.
The celebrations will be a real family affair, including a cake in the shape of a dummy made by brother James, who runs his own baking firm.
The source said: "She is modern and wants a normal life. Prince Harry, Kate and William are the Royal Family`s link to the younger generation."
"A baby shower wouldn`t normally happen if you`re in the Royal Family, but there is now a modern way of thinking. It will be a great day for everyone and Kate is doing this with the blessing of the Queen."
The date is a closely guarded secret, but it is believed it will be held at Kate`s family home in Berkshire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'