Kate Middleton’s wedding route revealed
London: Palace officials have revealed details about the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton - including the route the bride will take to Westminster Abbey.
Clarence House said that Middleton would be driven along the processional route, which include Parliament Square, Whitehall, Horse Guards Parade and The Mall, before finally reaching Westminster Abbey, reports the Telegraph.
It also confirmed that Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams would conduct the April 29 wedding service.
The couple will return along the same route, but this time in a carriage procession.
Once inside the Palace, the Queen will give a reception for the couple and guests drawn from the congregation representing the couple`s official and private lives.
“Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton have made more decisions on their upcoming wedding,” Clarence House said on the Twitter micromessaging service.
The plans are revealed the day before Miss Middleton appears on the cover of a special royal wedding edition of Tatler in a mock-up of Andy Warhol`s famous 1962 Marilyn Monroe screen prints.
Britain will enjoy a holiday bonanza as people get an extra day off to celebrate - the royal wedding, on a Friday, has been designated an official public holiday.
With Easter falling the weekend before, and May Day holiday on the following Monday, it means many people will enjoy two four-day weekends in a row.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says