Kate Middleton’s wedding route revealed
London: Palace officials have revealed details about the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton - including the route the bride will take to Westminster Abbey.
Clarence House said that Middleton would be driven along the processional route, which include Parliament Square, Whitehall, Horse Guards Parade and The Mall, before finally reaching Westminster Abbey, reports the Telegraph.
It also confirmed that Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams would conduct the April 29 wedding service.
The couple will return along the same route, but this time in a carriage procession.
Once inside the Palace, the Queen will give a reception for the couple and guests drawn from the congregation representing the couple`s official and private lives.
“Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton have made more decisions on their upcoming wedding,” Clarence House said on the Twitter micromessaging service.
The plans are revealed the day before Miss Middleton appears on the cover of a special royal wedding edition of Tatler in a mock-up of Andy Warhol`s famous 1962 Marilyn Monroe screen prints.
Britain will enjoy a holiday bonanza as people get an extra day off to celebrate - the royal wedding, on a Friday, has been designated an official public holiday.
With Easter falling the weekend before, and May Day holiday on the following Monday, it means many people will enjoy two four-day weekends in a row.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day
- FSSAI to remove potassium bromate from food additives list
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles
- Cancer-causing chemicals found in bread samples, says CSE; Health Ministry orders probe