Kate phone hoax Indian-origin nurse tried killing herself twice
Melbourne: The Indian-origin nurse, who committed suicide after answering a hoax phone call about the Duchess Kate’s pregnancy, had reportedly made two attempts to kill herself a year ago and had been prescribed antidepressants.
According to reports in Indian media, Jacintha Saldanha, who took her own life days after the call from Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, attempted to commit suicide in December 2011 during a family visit to India, News.com.au reported.
She survived after being rushed to hospital but tried to commit suicide again just nine days later.
Saldanha, 46, spent several days in intensive care before receiving psychiatric treatment and being prescribed a course of powerful antidepressants for nine months.
The latest insight into the nurse’s state of mind came as British police confirmed they had passed a file to the Crown Prosecution Service to determine whether any offences had been committed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday