Kate phone hoax Indian-origin nurse tried killing herself twice
Melbourne: The Indian-origin nurse, who committed suicide after answering a hoax phone call about the Duchess Kate’s pregnancy, had reportedly made two attempts to kill herself a year ago and had been prescribed antidepressants.
According to reports in Indian media, Jacintha Saldanha, who took her own life days after the call from Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, attempted to commit suicide in December 2011 during a family visit to India, News.com.au reported.
She survived after being rushed to hospital but tried to commit suicide again just nine days later.
Saldanha, 46, spent several days in intensive care before receiving psychiatric treatment and being prescribed a course of powerful antidepressants for nine months.
The latest insight into the nurse’s state of mind came as British police confirmed they had passed a file to the Crown Prosecution Service to determine whether any offences had been committed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000