Kate to attend first public event since royal birth
London: Prince William`s wife Kate Middleton will make her first public appearance at a glittering awards ceremony next month since giving birth.
William is a royal patron of the wildlife conservation charity Tusk Trust and the couple are expected to attend its awards ceremony on September 12, a Kensington Palace spokesperson said.
Two awards will be presented, a lifetime achievement honour named after Prince William and another recognising an up-and-coming conservationist.
Kate, 31, has not been seen in public since the couple left St Mary`s Hospital in London with their new-born son on July 22.
She was expected to keep a low profile for several months so she could spend time with the baby, who is now the third in line to Britain`s throne.
His father, the Duke of Cambridge, meanwhile has made several public appearances since the birth.
On Wednesday he revealed that he is leaving his job as a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot in Wales, though he did not say where he was going or whether he would be staying with the Royal Air Force.
At an agricultural show on the Welsh island of Anglesey, close to his air base, he said his family would be moving "elsewhere" when his three-year tour of duty finishes next month.
Reflecting on his first weeks of fatherhood, he joked to the crowds: "I have to say that I thought search and rescue duties over Snowdonia were physically and mentally demanding, but looking after a three week-old baby is up there!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India