Kate topless pics: French criminal case starts
Paris: French police have opened their criminal investigation into whether topless photos of Prince William`s wife Kate -- which appeared in an edition of the French Closer magazine -- were an invasion of privacy.
A French court ordered police to obtain information on Closer magazine employees after the British royal couple filed the criminal complaint Monday.
Marie-Christine Daubigney, assistant prosecutor for the Nanterre court, outside Paris, told The Associated Press today that she has instructed police to get the names of some Closer employees, including the journalist who wrote the article.
She said she hasn`t told police to identify the photographer who took the pictures because that will be part of a later investigation.
Daubigney denied as "completely untrue" French media reports that police raided Closer magazine headquarters today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days