Kate topless pics: UK police suspect ‘inside job’
London: British police have launched a probe to ascertain how the photographer took his shots of Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and knew exactly where to take the intrusive photos amid suspicions it was an "inside job".
Police probing the photographer who took the topless pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge are now questioning staff at the French chateau where the couple were staying, Daily Mail reported.
Staff at Chateau D`Autet in southern France, where the Royal couple were holidaying when the pictures were taken, are now being quizzed by police. Detectives want to find out how the photographer knew exactly where to take the intrusive photos.
The news comes after French paparazzo Pascal Rostain said it was an Englishman living in the south of France that stalked out the royal couple at the chateau while on their holiday.
The pictures, first published in French Closer magazine, appeared in a Swedish magazine Wednesday and in a Danish magazine Thursday.
A criminal investigation is underway to find and prosecute the photographer - who could face a year in jail and a 36,000 pounds fine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside