Kate wasn`t interested in Prince William initially
London: Duchess Catherine was not interested in Prince William when she first heard he would be attending the same university as her as she was infatuated with a fellow student named Harry.
They royal couple famously met at St Andrews University in Scotland and celebrated their first wedding anniversary in April but friends of the then Kate Middleton say she had her eye on a fellow student from her Marlborough College days, reported OK! magazine.
A friend, who studied in Florence with Catherine, said, "The only time I even remember talking about William was when we found out he was coming to study in Florence, we would speculate about hanging out with him, but to be honest she never showed any interest in him or talked about him that much.”
"She certainly wasn`t going to St Andrews with the intention to snare him or anything like that. In fact she was more hung up on a guy called Harry, but things didn`t work out."
The friend also said the pretty brunette was chased after by Italian barmen during her time studying in Florence but she wasn`t interested.
"Italian men can be quite persuasive, but Catherine would never overreact to compliments. She definitely was not a giggly sort of girl batting her eyelashes!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley