Kate wasn`t interested in Prince William initially
London: Duchess Catherine was not interested in Prince William when she first heard he would be attending the same university as her as she was infatuated with a fellow student named Harry.
They royal couple famously met at St Andrews University in Scotland and celebrated their first wedding anniversary in April but friends of the then Kate Middleton say she had her eye on a fellow student from her Marlborough College days, reported OK! magazine.
A friend, who studied in Florence with Catherine, said, "The only time I even remember talking about William was when we found out he was coming to study in Florence, we would speculate about hanging out with him, but to be honest she never showed any interest in him or talked about him that much.”
"She certainly wasn`t going to St Andrews with the intention to snare him or anything like that. In fact she was more hung up on a guy called Harry, but things didn`t work out."
The friend also said the pretty brunette was chased after by Italian barmen during her time studying in Florence but she wasn`t interested.
"Italian men can be quite persuasive, but Catherine would never overreact to compliments. She definitely was not a giggly sort of girl batting her eyelashes!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal