Kate, William`s baby will be prince or princess
London: The Queen has issued a formal decree granting the title of prince or princess to all the kids of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Using Letters Patent, a method by which the sovereign can give orders without the involvement of Parliament, the Queen decided that `all the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales` will be given the title of Royal Highness.
It also said that `the titular dignity of Prince or Princess will also be prefixed to their Christian names`.
According to the Telegraph, the Queen`s formal ruling, officially made on December 31, but made public only now, means that not only the eldest child, but all children of the Duke and Duchess will be princes and princesses.
The Government has already begun the process of altering the laws of succession to ensure that the Duke and Duchess`s first child will become monarch, removing the ancient rule of male primogeniture, which gave precedence to boys, the report said.
However, the Queen`s decree, in specifying that the royal titles are only given to the children of the Prince of Wales`s eldest son, means that if the Duke and Duchess have a daughter, she will not be entitled to give her own children the title of prince or princess, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report