Kate, William`s baby will be prince or princess
London: The Queen has issued a formal decree granting the title of prince or princess to all the kids of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Using Letters Patent, a method by which the sovereign can give orders without the involvement of Parliament, the Queen decided that `all the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales` will be given the title of Royal Highness.
It also said that `the titular dignity of Prince or Princess will also be prefixed to their Christian names`.
According to the Telegraph, the Queen`s formal ruling, officially made on December 31, but made public only now, means that not only the eldest child, but all children of the Duke and Duchess will be princes and princesses.
The Government has already begun the process of altering the laws of succession to ensure that the Duke and Duchess`s first child will become monarch, removing the ancient rule of male primogeniture, which gave precedence to boys, the report said.
However, the Queen`s decree, in specifying that the royal titles are only given to the children of the Prince of Wales`s eldest son, means that if the Duke and Duchess have a daughter, she will not be entitled to give her own children the title of prince or princess, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'