Kate, William`s baby will be prince or princess
London: The Queen has issued a formal decree granting the title of prince or princess to all the kids of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Using Letters Patent, a method by which the sovereign can give orders without the involvement of Parliament, the Queen decided that `all the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales` will be given the title of Royal Highness.
It also said that `the titular dignity of Prince or Princess will also be prefixed to their Christian names`.
According to the Telegraph, the Queen`s formal ruling, officially made on December 31, but made public only now, means that not only the eldest child, but all children of the Duke and Duchess will be princes and princesses.
The Government has already begun the process of altering the laws of succession to ensure that the Duke and Duchess`s first child will become monarch, removing the ancient rule of male primogeniture, which gave precedence to boys, the report said.
However, the Queen`s decree, in specifying that the royal titles are only given to the children of the Prince of Wales`s eldest son, means that if the Duke and Duchess have a daughter, she will not be entitled to give her own children the title of prince or princess, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview