Kazakh President`s party crushes opposition
Astana: Election officials in Kazakhstan say three parties have won seats in the Parliament, ending the total control once held by the President`s party.
However, President Nursultan Nazarbayev`s Nur Otan party remains the overwhelming force in the legislature, winning more than 80 percent of the vote in Sunday`s election.
Nur Otan held all elected seats in the previous 107-member Parliament. Nine deputies are nominated by a presidential advisory body.
According to results released on Monday by the Central Elections Commission, two other parties got slightly more than 7 percent of the nationwide vote, clearing the threshold for gaining seats. They are the business-oriented Ak Zhol, which avoids confrontation with the government, and the People`s Communist Party.
There was no immediate breakdown on the number of seats for each party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi