Keep politics away from storm recovery efforts: Jindal
Houston: Indian America Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal on Sunday asked the White House and state leaders in the Northeast dealing with storm relief efforts to "stop declaring victory, stop giving speeches" and focus on helping victims of the storm.
The Republican governor, appearing on Fox News, said "I think it`s way too early for the president or anybody else to say how the response is going."
Asked if the president is running a political risk by returning to the presidential campaign trail while millions in New York and New Jersey are still without power and supplies after Monday`s storm, Jindal said most people aren`t concerned about the politics involved, they just want help.
"It`s been our experience in Louisiana..The bureaucracy doesn`t move as quickly. It`s not accustomed to moving quickly. It`s not a partisan issue, you`ve just got to push the bureaucracy at every level, especially the federal level."
Jindal was back on the campaign trail for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney this weekend.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs