Kelley received US military’s highest civilian honour from Petraeus
Washington: Florida socialite Jill Kelley at the centre of David Petraeus sex scandal was awarded one of the US military’s highest civilian honours after being nominated by the former CIA director General.
Kelley, whose complaint to the FBI sparked the inquiry that led to Petraeus’ resignation as CIA director, received the ‘Outstanding Public Service’ prize from him at a ceremony in March last year.
The 37-year-old ‘social liaison’ to the US military in Florida was praised in the award citation for the lavish parties she threw at her mansion in Tampa for senior officials and their spouses, the Telegraph reports.
“These events promoted camaraderie, understanding and a better appreciation for Coalition and military customs, concerns and abilities,” it said.
Kelley had complained to a friend in the FBI’s Tampa office after receiving emails from Paula Broadwell, Petraeus’ biographer and mistress, allegedly threatening her to stay away from the general.
The inquiry revealed details of Petraeus’ affair with Broadwell as well as multiple flirtatious emails shared between Kelley and Genearl John Allen, the commander of US forces in Afghanistan.
According to the report, Petraeus recommended Kelley for the award while serving as commander of US Central Command in Tampa.
By the time of the ceremony in Washington, he was leading the war in Afghanistan, the report said.
He presented her with a silver medal, lapel pin and certificate for the prize, which is the second-highest given to civilians by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM