Kennedy life, legacy dominates US newspapers
Washington: The death of Senator Ted
Kennedy dominated front pages across the US on Thursday with
newspapers proclaiming it the end of an era and a huge loss
for the Democratic Party.
"Final Curtain Falls on `Camelot` Era," read the
headline on the lead article in The Courier-Journal of
"End of an American Epoch," declared The Washington
Post, which devoted another four pages inside its front
section to the life and legacy of the Senate legend who died
of brain cancer on Tuesday at the age of 77.
"Throughout his career he stood by some of the
country`s most neglected and abused people: minorities,
immigrants, the poor and those lacking access to good health
care," the Post said in an editorial.
"His record shows the work of a committed, diligent
legislator, and it earned him the respect of those who
disagreed with him as much as the loyalty of those who worked
for and with him," it added.
"Passing of an Era," read the headline on the front
page of The Arizona Republic. "Kennedy Reflected Ambition,
Foibles of Camelot."
"The Lion Sleeps," said The Commercial Appeal of
Memphis, Tennessee. "Last Kennedy Brother Tasted Tragedy, Left
Lasting Legislative Legacy."
The Los Angeles Times focused on the loss of a
powerful and influential legislator at a time when President
Barack Obama is seeking to pass a health care bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!