Kentucky condo shooting: 4 shot, 3 dead
Louisville: Gunfire erupted in a Louisville condominium building, leaving three people dead and a fourth person seriously injured, authorities said.
The fourth person was hospitalised with what appeared to be life-threatening injuries after the shootings, reported shortly before 4:30 pm on Wednesday, police spokesman Dwight Mitchell said.
Mitchell said officers believed everyone involved was accounted for but wouldn`t say whether the shooter was among those shot.
"We believe there`s not anyone on the loose," he said. Mitchell said the shootings took place inside an apartment but declined to say whether there were other people inside at the time at the building on the outskirts of the Highlands neighbourhood. He did not release the ages of the victims and said the investigation was just beginning.
The condominium complex lies in a neighbourhood filled with upper-middle-class homes with manicured lawns near private Bellarmine University.
Molly Hoekstra said she has lived in the condo complex for nearly two years but returned home yesterday to find the building blocked off by police tape.
"Nothing like this has ever happened," she said. "It`s always been really safe and neighbourly. It`s like the quietest place there is."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`