Kenya acrobat falls during circus show in Moscow
Moscow: A Kenyan acrobat fell through a safety net during a show at a Moscow circus and was rushed to a hospital with severe injuries including a fractured vertebra.
An amateur video aired on Russian television showed 22-year-old Karo Christopher Kazungu diving from a height of 26 meters (85 feet), hitting the net and going through it and landing on the arena floor during Wednesday`s show.
Kazungu was halfway through his well-rehearsed routine of a downward dive and was supposed to bounce back up from the net.
Edgard Zapashny, the director general of the Great Moscow State Circus, told Russian television that the German-made safety net had been rigorously tested before it was used.
Circus employees are speculating on whether someone may have tampered with the net or whether it was faulty. Zapashny said, however, that they did not see any signs of sabotage on first inspection.
The circus said on its website on Thursday that Kazungu was conscious when he was taken to the hospital. Russian news agencies quoted the director of the acrobatics show as saying that Kazungu was diagnosed with a fracture of one vertebra and was in intensive care.
Kazungu was one of a dozen Russian and Kenyan performers who were taking part in a highly complex acrobatics show.
Zapashny told Russian television that the circus had never had any previous incidents of this kind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!