Kenya blast: Six dead, 63 injured
Nairobi: A grenade attack on a Nairobi bus station killed at least six people and wounded 63, according
to a new toll issued on Sunday by Kenyan Interior Minister George
"The death toll is now six, and we have 63 people
undergoing treatment at the Kenyatta National Hospital, 11 of
them were seriously injured," he told reporters.
The earlier toll was five dead and around 60 injured.
Yesterday`s attack has been blamed on the Islamist Shebab
militia which Kenyan troops are battling in neighbouring
It is the deadliest attack in Nairobi since the
devastating August 1998 bombing by al-Qaeda of the US embassy
that killed 213 people and injured 5,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged