Kenya deports 4 Arabs, alleges terror link: Cleric
Nairobi: A Muslim cleric in Kenya says police are deporting three men from the United Arab Emirates and one from Oman because they suspect them of having links to terror groups, though the four say they are tourists.
The chairman of the Supreme Council of Kenyan Muslims says police arrested the men on Tuesday in the coastal city of Mombasa after they got off a flight from Kenya`s capital.
Sheik Mordhar Khitamy says police told him they became suspicious after officers saw the four bribe immigration officials to enter Kenya on Tuesday.
He says the incident is an illustration of discrimination against Muslims.
A deputy police chief in Mombasa said he was not aware of the case. A police spokesman in Nairobi did not answer the phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened