Kenya deports 4 Arabs, alleges terror link: Cleric
Nairobi: A Muslim cleric in Kenya says police are deporting three men from the United Arab Emirates and one from Oman because they suspect them of having links to terror groups, though the four say they are tourists.
The chairman of the Supreme Council of Kenyan Muslims says police arrested the men on Tuesday in the coastal city of Mombasa after they got off a flight from Kenya`s capital.
Sheik Mordhar Khitamy says police told him they became suspicious after officers saw the four bribe immigration officials to enter Kenya on Tuesday.
He says the incident is an illustration of discrimination against Muslims.
A deputy police chief in Mombasa said he was not aware of the case. A police spokesman in Nairobi did not answer the phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media