Kenya deports 4 Arabs, alleges terror link: Cleric
Nairobi: A Muslim cleric in Kenya says police are deporting three men from the United Arab Emirates and one from Oman because they suspect them of having links to terror groups, though the four say they are tourists.
The chairman of the Supreme Council of Kenyan Muslims says police arrested the men on Tuesday in the coastal city of Mombasa after they got off a flight from Kenya`s capital.
Sheik Mordhar Khitamy says police told him they became suspicious after officers saw the four bribe immigration officials to enter Kenya on Tuesday.
He says the incident is an illustration of discrimination against Muslims.
A deputy police chief in Mombasa said he was not aware of the case. A police spokesman in Nairobi did not answer the phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'