Kenya probes Venezuelan envoy`s death
Nairobi: Kenyan police have launched an investigation into the death of Venezuela`s acting ambassador, who was found strangled in her house in Nairobi Friday, Xinhua reported.
Nairobi Police Commander Anthony Kibuchi said they suspect 57-year-old Olga Fonseca Jimenez, who was the Charge de Affaires, was murdered but did not give further details.
Fonseca was found dead in her upmarket Runda residential estate in Nairobi.
The police official said four domestic workers who were sacked by Fonseca recently amid allegations of sexual harassment were held for questioning.
The workers accused the previous Venezuelan ambassador Gerardo Carillo Silva of sexual harassment. Venezuela recalled Silva and appointed Fonseca to replace him.
"We have launched investigations to establish the cause of the diplomat`s death. We are questioning some of the domestic workers at her house and would let you know the full details after the investigations," Kibuchi said.
The employees were sacked for reportedly refusing to retract their accusations of sexual impropriety against the ambassador.
Kenya`s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that it was shocked to receive the news of the death of Fonseca.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers