Kenyan court charges four over Nairobi mall attack
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Nairobi: A Kenyan court has charged four men on Monday, suspected to be Somalis, for assisting al Qaeda-linked militants during the siege at the Westgate mall in Nairobi in which 67 people were killed.
The attack was claimed by Islamist group al-Shabaab. Although nationalities of the four men are yet to be confirmed, it is being suspected that they belong to Somali.
The four men charged by the court have been named as Mohamed Ahmed Abdi, Liban Abdullah Omar, Adnan Ibrahim and Hussein Hassan. They pleaded not guilty to the charges during the hearing.
Several nations including US, British, Israel had joined Kenyan investigators at the site of the attack.
The charges include obtaining false identification documents and providing support and shelter to the gunmen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry