Kenyan held in US on charges of cannibalism
Washington: Police in the US state of Maryland have arrested a 21-year-old Kenyan student for allegedly killing his Ghanaian housemate missing for past few days, and later eating his body parts.
Alexander Kinyua was held without bail yesterday on the inputs of his father, who called up a Harford County detective and informed about the incident, the CNN reported.
Accused`s father Antony Kinyua informed that he had found two metal tins containing human body parts covered by a blanket in his basement laundry room.
The tins contained the head and two hands of the 37-year-old deceased Kujoe Bonsafo Agyei-Kodie. Rest of the victim`s remains were found in a dumpster.
According to the report, Kinyua first killed his housemate and then cut him up before eating his heart and part of his brain.
The accused was charged under various sections in the alleged case of cannibalism, the report said, adding that the Kinyua admitted killing his Ghanian housemate.
Kinyua was earlier detained and released on May 23 on charges of getting involved in a fight in the Morgan State University where he studied.
The deceased was said to be a "very intelligent" person, who held multiple master`s degrees from schools in Ghana and was a graduate student at Morgan State University until 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH