Kerry denies Obama has been too passive in Iraq
Washington: Secretary of State John Kerry is brushing aside criticism of Obama administration Middle East policy, taking exception to assertions Washington has been doing too little to combating the surge of terrorism there.
Kerry says in an interview broadcast today that the administration has been "engaged" in efforts over the past several months and is now increasing its assistance to strife-torn Iraq.
Asked on NBC about harsh criticism from former Vice President Dick Cheney, Kerry says, quote, "This is a man who took us directly into Iraq. Please."
Kerry says the US "didn`t have the operational theatre capacity" to be a factor early on in the new wave of violence.
And he also says "all options are still on the table" for Obama in choosing a response to the crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam