Kerry denies Obama has been too passive in Iraq
Washington: Secretary of State John Kerry is brushing aside criticism of Obama administration Middle East policy, taking exception to assertions Washington has been doing too little to combating the surge of terrorism there.
Kerry says in an interview broadcast today that the administration has been "engaged" in efforts over the past several months and is now increasing its assistance to strife-torn Iraq.
Asked on NBC about harsh criticism from former Vice President Dick Cheney, Kerry says, quote, "This is a man who took us directly into Iraq. Please."
Kerry says the US "didn`t have the operational theatre capacity" to be a factor early on in the new wave of violence.
And he also says "all options are still on the table" for Obama in choosing a response to the crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight