Kerry denies Obama has been too passive in Iraq
Washington: Secretary of State John Kerry is brushing aside criticism of Obama administration Middle East policy, taking exception to assertions Washington has been doing too little to combating the surge of terrorism there.
Kerry says in an interview broadcast today that the administration has been "engaged" in efforts over the past several months and is now increasing its assistance to strife-torn Iraq.
Asked on NBC about harsh criticism from former Vice President Dick Cheney, Kerry says, quote, "This is a man who took us directly into Iraq. Please."
Kerry says the US "didn`t have the operational theatre capacity" to be a factor early on in the new wave of violence.
And he also says "all options are still on the table" for Obama in choosing a response to the crisis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information