Kerry on a weeklong trip to Middle East and Africa
Washington: With focus on Syria and Israel-Palestine conflict US Secretary of State John Kerry would travel to the Middle East and Africa next week with stops in Muscat, Amman, Jerusalem, Ramallah and Addis Ababa.
Kerry will travel to Muscat on May 21, where he will meet senior Omani officials to discuss a range of bilateral and regional issues, State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki said yesterday.
On May 22, Kerry will visit Amman, where he will meet key international partners to further explore ways that the international community can work towards bringing together both sides of the conflict and developing a path toward a negotiated political solution to the crisis in Syria,
On May 23-24, Kerry will travel to Jerusalem and Ramallah.
"In Jerusalem, he will meet with Israeli leaders, and in Ramallah he will meet with the Palestinian leadership," she said.
"These meetings are to follow-up on ongoing discussions as we continue to assess how best we can support the parties in getting back to the table and in having dialogue leading to peace.
"We remain committed to working with the parties to achieve a lasting peace through direct negotiations," Psaki said.
Kerry will then travel May 24-25 to Addis Ababa, where he will meet with senior Ethiopian officials to discuss bilateral issues and participate in the Golden Jubilee of the Organization of African Unity at the African Union Summit.
He will also meet with African leaders attending the summit to discuss a range of regional, transnational, and country-specific topics.
On May 26, Kerry will depart Addis Ababa and return to Amman, where he will participate in the World Economic Forum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion