Kerry says time is now for Syria`s Assad to quit
Paris: New US Secretary of State John Kerry says the time has passed for Syrian President Basher Assad to leave power.
His first official meetings with France`s leadership come amid increasing efforts by both countries to bolster Syria`s opposition.
Kerry met today with French President Francois Hollande in Paris, chatting in French on the front steps of the Elysee Palace.
The war in Syria and Iran`s nuclear programme have topped the agenda of Kerry`s tour of Europe and the Middle East.
Officials in the United States and Europe said yesterday the Obama administration is nearing a decision on whether to provide non-lethal assistance to carefully vetted fighters opposed to Assad.
"We are examining and developing ways to accelerate the political transition that the Syrian people want and deserve," Kerry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack