Kerry to visit China, South Korea, Japan next month
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry will embark on his maiden visit to Asia next month with stops in China, South Korea and Japan.
"Following the G-8 meetings in London on April 10 and 11, Kerry will travel on to the Republic of Korea, Japan and China," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at a daily news briefing.
"During his trip to Seoul, Tokyo and Beijing, the Secretary will meet with counterparts and discuss the full range of bilateral, multilateral and regional issues as well as our economic cooperation and the environment," Nuland said.
In June, the top American diplomat will be participating in the ASEAN Regional Forum chaired by Brunei and also visiting some other Southeast Asian partners.
"During these engagements, the Secretary will continue to affirm the administration`s commitment to further broaden and enhance US economic, security and strategic interests in the Asia-Pacific region," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...