Kerry to visit China, South Korea, Japan next month
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry will embark on his maiden visit to Asia next month with stops in China, South Korea and Japan.
"Following the G-8 meetings in London on April 10 and 11, Kerry will travel on to the Republic of Korea, Japan and China," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at a daily news briefing.
"During his trip to Seoul, Tokyo and Beijing, the Secretary will meet with counterparts and discuss the full range of bilateral, multilateral and regional issues as well as our economic cooperation and the environment," Nuland said.
In June, the top American diplomat will be participating in the ASEAN Regional Forum chaired by Brunei and also visiting some other Southeast Asian partners.
"During these engagements, the Secretary will continue to affirm the administration`s commitment to further broaden and enhance US economic, security and strategic interests in the Asia-Pacific region," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested