Kerry urges Hamas to accept ceasefire with Israel
Gaza City: US Secretary of State John Kerry urged Hamas to accept Egypt`s ceasefire proposal to halt fighting with Israel in the Gaza Strip.
In a brief statement released by the State Department on Tuesday, Kerry welcomed Israel`s decision to accept the proposal.
"The Egyptian proposal for a ceasefire and negotiations provides an opportunity to end the violence and restore calm," Kerry said.
"We welcome the Israeli cabinet`s decision to accept it. We urge all other parties to accept the proposal," he added.
Hamas has thus far refused to accept the Egyptian proposal to end a week of the deadliest violence in Gaza Strip for years, which killed more than 190 Palestinians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?