Kerry urges Hamas to accept ceasefire with Israel
Gaza City: US Secretary of State John Kerry urged Hamas to accept Egypt`s ceasefire proposal to halt fighting with Israel in the Gaza Strip.
In a brief statement released by the State Department on Tuesday, Kerry welcomed Israel`s decision to accept the proposal.
"The Egyptian proposal for a ceasefire and negotiations provides an opportunity to end the violence and restore calm," Kerry said.
"We welcome the Israeli cabinet`s decision to accept it. We urge all other parties to accept the proposal," he added.
Hamas has thus far refused to accept the Egyptian proposal to end a week of the deadliest violence in Gaza Strip for years, which killed more than 190 Palestinians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- Myanmar quake damages nearly 400 ancient temples
- Amazon launches dedicated online Telugu book store
- Explore London through the lens of Kapil Sharma and team!
- Typhoon to hit Japan on Tuesday; meteorological agency issues warnings
- From Kanpur to Varanasi in 10 days: 11-year-old Shraddha Shukla attempts 550 km swim in raging Ganga