Kerry urges Hamas to accept ceasefire with Israel
Gaza City: US Secretary of State John Kerry urged Hamas to accept Egypt`s ceasefire proposal to halt fighting with Israel in the Gaza Strip.
In a brief statement released by the State Department on Tuesday, Kerry welcomed Israel`s decision to accept the proposal.
"The Egyptian proposal for a ceasefire and negotiations provides an opportunity to end the violence and restore calm," Kerry said.
"We welcome the Israeli cabinet`s decision to accept it. We urge all other parties to accept the proposal," he added.
Hamas has thus far refused to accept the Egyptian proposal to end a week of the deadliest violence in Gaza Strip for years, which killed more than 190 Palestinians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore