Kerry welcomes Israeli decision to accept ceasefire proposal
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday welcomed Israel`s decision to accept the Egyptian proposal of a ceasefire with Hamas in war-torn Gaza.
"The Egyptian proposal for a ceasefire and negotiations provides an opportunity to end the violence and restore calm," Kerry said in an early morning statement.
"We welcome the Israeli cabinet?s decision to accept it. We urge all other parties to accept the proposal," Kerry said after the Israeli cabinet accepted the Egyptian proposal of a ceasefire with the Hamas.
The Secretary of State has been in regular contact with key partners in the region.
Between July 12 and today, Kerry spoke with the Israeli Prime Minister on four occasions and the Egyptian Foreign Minister twice.
He also spoke with Qatari Foreign Minister twice and foreign ministers of Turkey and Jordan once each, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you