Kerry welcomes Israeli decision to accept ceasefire proposal
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday welcomed Israel`s decision to accept the Egyptian proposal of a ceasefire with Hamas in war-torn Gaza.
"The Egyptian proposal for a ceasefire and negotiations provides an opportunity to end the violence and restore calm," Kerry said in an early morning statement.
"We welcome the Israeli cabinet?s decision to accept it. We urge all other parties to accept the proposal," Kerry said after the Israeli cabinet accepted the Egyptian proposal of a ceasefire with the Hamas.
The Secretary of State has been in regular contact with key partners in the region.
Between July 12 and today, Kerry spoke with the Israeli Prime Minister on four occasions and the Egyptian Foreign Minister twice.
He also spoke with Qatari Foreign Minister twice and foreign ministers of Turkey and Jordan once each, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan