Kerry`s wife now in better health, say doctors
Washington: Teresa Heinz Kerry, the wife of US Secretary of State John Kerry, who was admitted to a Boston hospital in a critical state, is now said to be in better health with doctors today describing her condition as `fair`.
"After conducting tests overnight and this morning, doctors at Massachusetts General Hospital have upgraded Mrs Teresa Heinz Kerry`s condition from critical to fair," said Glen Johnson, personal spokesman for John Kerry.
"She is undergoing further evaluation, and Secretary of State Kerry, her son, and other family members remain with Mrs Heinz Kerry at the hospital in Boston, as they have been since she became ill," Johnson said.
74-year-old Heinz Kerry, was admitted into the emergency room after 3.30 pm yesterday. She arrived in the hospital in a critical condition, but the doctors were able to stabilise her condition later.
Heinz Kerry is the widow of former Senator John Heinz, and heir to the Heinz ketchup fortune, valued in 2004 at USD 500 million.
John Heinz died in April 1991 in a helicopter crash. She married John Kerry in 1995 and was previously treated for breast cancer.
Kerry, who is scheduled to co-chair the US-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue later this week remains in Boston due to his wife`s illness.
Meanwhile, AP reported that Teresa Heinz, was hospitalised in critical but stable condition today, a day after showing symptoms consistent with a seizure, a person in close contact with the family said.
Family members saw her exhibiting symptoms consistent with some sort of seizure, said the person in contact with the family, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the person was not authorised to speak publicly about Heinz Kerry`s condition.
Before his wife`s medical problem, Kerry had planned to return to Washington on Monday and then co-host with Treasury Secretary Jack Lew high-level strategic and economic talks with senior Chinese officials on Wednesday and Thursday.
Kerry had also spoken of his desire to make his sixth trip to Israel as secretary starting at the end of the week. State Department officials said Kerry`s schedule may now change pending developments with his wife`s health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home
- Will pursue agenda of political resolution, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Section 144 imposed in Agartala after clashes over separate tribal state, 20 injured
- 22 persons killed, over 23 lakh affected in Bihar floods