Kevin Rudd undergoes heart surgery
Melbourne: Australia`s Foreign Minister
and former premier Kevin Rudd has undergone a surgery for
heart valve replacement and is reported to be recovering well.
According to a local media report, his wife Therese
twittered that Rudd was "motoring along under his own steam"
after the heart surgery.
The 53-year-old foreign minister had heart surgery to
replace a leaky aortic valve inserted almost 20 years ago.
Therese Rein used Twitter to give the nation an update
on his condition.
"K had a great night. Motoring along under his own
steam. Doctor couldn`t be happier` with his progress. Sense of
humour completely intact," she wrote.
Rudd`s daughter Jessica tweeted that he was in good
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family