Kevin Rudd undergoes heart surgery
Melbourne: Australia`s Foreign Minister
and former premier Kevin Rudd has undergone a surgery for
heart valve replacement and is reported to be recovering well.
According to a local media report, his wife Therese
twittered that Rudd was "motoring along under his own steam"
after the heart surgery.
The 53-year-old foreign minister had heart surgery to
replace a leaky aortic valve inserted almost 20 years ago.
Therese Rein used Twitter to give the nation an update
on his condition.
"K had a great night. Motoring along under his own
steam. Doctor couldn`t be happier` with his progress. Sense of
humour completely intact," she wrote.
Rudd`s daughter Jessica tweeted that he was in good
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"