Key national congresses in CPC history
Beijing: Since its founding in July 1921, the Communist Party of China (CPC) has held a few key national congresses, which Xinhua reported as follows:
-- In 1921 at the first national congress, 12 delegates represented more than 50 CPC members nationwide.
-- In 1945 at the seventh national congress, 755 delegates represented 1.21 million CPC members.
-- In 1982 at the 12th national congress, 1,690 delegates represented 39.65 million CPC members.
-- In 1992 at the 14th national congress, 1,989 delegates represented 51 million CPC
-- In 1997 at the 15th national congress, 2,074 delegates represented more than 59 million CPC members.
-- In 2002 at the 16th national congress, 2,134 delegates represented more than 66 million CPC members.
-- In 2007 at the 17th national congress, 2,213 delegates represented more than 70 million CPC members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing