Key national congresses in CPC history
Beijing: Since its founding in July 1921, the Communist Party of China (CPC) has held a few key national congresses, which Xinhua reported as follows:
-- In 1921 at the first national congress, 12 delegates represented more than 50 CPC members nationwide.
-- In 1945 at the seventh national congress, 755 delegates represented 1.21 million CPC members.
-- In 1982 at the 12th national congress, 1,690 delegates represented 39.65 million CPC members.
-- In 1992 at the 14th national congress, 1,989 delegates represented 51 million CPC
-- In 1997 at the 15th national congress, 2,074 delegates represented more than 59 million CPC members.
-- In 2002 at the 16th national congress, 2,134 delegates represented more than 66 million CPC members.
-- In 2007 at the 17th national congress, 2,213 delegates represented more than 70 million CPC members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat