Khaleda Zia meets Chinese leader in waiting
Beijing: China`s leader in waiting, Xi Jinping on Thursday said that ruling Communist Party is looking to firm up its relations with Bangladeshi political parties, including the opposition BNP.
Xi who is currently the Vice President and widely expected to succeed President Hu Jintao in the next month`s Party Congress today met former Bangladeshi Prime Minister and BNP leader Khaleda Zia and discussed bilateral issues.
They also discussed steps to promote ties between the Communist Party of China (CPC) and Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP).
"The Communist Party of China is ready for closer friendly exchanges with all Bangladeshi political parties including BNP and deepening exchanges on national governance experiences, so as to contribute to the development of China-Bangladesh relations with new achievements in party-to-party cooperation," Xi told her.
Khaleda Zia said BNP regards China as a true friend and natural ally, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
The party will always adhere to the one-China policy and make positive efforts to promote friendly exchanges and cooperation between the two nations, she said.
She also expressed hope that the upcoming 18th National Congress of the CPC a great success.
Zia thanked China for its assistance and support to her country`s infrastructure construction and national defense since the establishment of the ties, and expressed hope that Bangladesh can continue to receive aid from China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight