Khaleda Zia meets Chinese leader in waiting
Beijing: China`s leader in waiting, Xi Jinping on Thursday said that ruling Communist Party is looking to firm up its relations with Bangladeshi political parties, including the opposition BNP.
Xi who is currently the Vice President and widely expected to succeed President Hu Jintao in the next month`s Party Congress today met former Bangladeshi Prime Minister and BNP leader Khaleda Zia and discussed bilateral issues.
They also discussed steps to promote ties between the Communist Party of China (CPC) and Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP).
"The Communist Party of China is ready for closer friendly exchanges with all Bangladeshi political parties including BNP and deepening exchanges on national governance experiences, so as to contribute to the development of China-Bangladesh relations with new achievements in party-to-party cooperation," Xi told her.
Khaleda Zia said BNP regards China as a true friend and natural ally, state run Xinhua news agency reported.
The party will always adhere to the one-China policy and make positive efforts to promote friendly exchanges and cooperation between the two nations, she said.
She also expressed hope that the upcoming 18th National Congress of the CPC a great success.
Zia thanked China for its assistance and support to her country`s infrastructure construction and national defense since the establishment of the ties, and expressed hope that Bangladesh can continue to receive aid from China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!