Khamenei blames US, Israel for anti-Islam movie
Tehran: Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has blamed the US and Israel for the production of an anti-Islam movie that insults Prophet Mohammad, Xinhua reported.
In a message issued on Thursday, Khamenei said that "behind this evil move lie the antagonistic policies of the Zionists and the US and other heads of the global arrogance", reported Press TV.
"The prime suspects in this crime are Zionism and the US government," said Khamenei.
"If the US politicians are honest in their claim of not being involved (in the production of this film), (they) must bring the perpetrators of this hideous crime and their financial backers, who have wrenched the hearts of Muslim nations, to face a punishment proportionate to this great crime," he added.
Hundreds of Iranians protested on Thursday against the movie. The protesters, carrying placards against the film and shouting anti-US and anti-Israel slogans, gathered in front of the Swiss embassy in Tehran which represents the US interests in Iran.
The controversial movie has also ignited violent protests in Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Tunisia and Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!