Kidnap Westerners, says al Qaeda`s Zawahiri
Washington:Al Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri has called on Muslims to kidnap Westerners, and has also urged Egyptians to restart their revolution to press for Islamic law, according to SITE Intelligence Group.
"I call upon Muslims to capture citizens of the countries that wage wars against Muslims," The Express Tribune quoted Zawahiri, as saying in a video released on jihadist forums. Zawahiri said liberating Omar Abdul Rahman, an Egyptian cleric jailed in the US for his role in the 1993 World Trade Center attack, and inmates at the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay was an "obligatory duty for every Muslim".
"Our captives or Sheikh Omar Abdul Rahman will not be liberated except through force, for it is the only language that they understand," he said. He termed the new Egyptian government - led by a president drawn from the Muslim Brotherhood - as "corrupt".
He said Egyptians want to see their government liberated from US influence, and Palestinian victory over Israel. "The battle isn``
t over, but it has started," Zawahiri said, urging "every sincere person in Egypt" to "wage a popular campaign to incite and preach in order to complete the revolution, which was aborted.
Zawahiri also lashed out at US President Barack Obama, calling him a "professional liar" and demanded he admit defeat in Iraq, Afghanistan and North Africa. "Obama must admit he and his allies are standing in the defeated line, and that Osama bin Laden, may Allah have mercy on him, and the rest of the Mujahedeen and the Muslim Ummah are standing in the victorious line, whether anyone likes it or not," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing